Here are a few things that you may want to know about the Cades Cove service Sunday, October 25th.
- We will not be meeting in the building at Basswood Road.
- We meet at 11:00 AM in the Cades Cove picnic area. The picnic area is to the left as you drive into the cove — before you begin the loop road.
- Once everyone gets set up, we pray and eat — generally around 11:30-11:45. It’s helpful to bring lawn chairs as seating is limited.
- Anything is fine for lunch, although there’s no way to warm things up there. Whatever you would normally take to a picnic lunch is perfect.
- There are restrooms at the picnic area — this is always a concern for families with children.
- When lunch is over — usually about 12:30 or so — we drive to the Primitive Baptist Church on the loop road. It’s on a little side road. You can see it on this map. You can always follow someone from the picnic area. There a no restrooms at the church.
- Our service is brief — 45 minutes max.
- Afterwards, people tend to hang around and visit around the church. Each year, many like to hike somewhere in the area, often together with other families.
- Dress is casual — jeans are fine. Often, it’s cold, so some people bring quilts to cover up with during the service.
If you have any questions, feel free to use the contact form to get in touch.