Over at Grace Baptist Church (where Tom Ascol of Founders Ministry is an Elder), there was a great post on the blog today. It gives great admonitions about how to help your children engage the sermon each week. A summary of the points follows, but do yourself the favor of reading the whole post.
1. Remember the outline.
2. Know the one, main point.
3. How is Jesus the hero?
4. Engage your kids with open ended questions.
5. Make sure the gospel is clear.
6. Be the first to pray and confess.
7. Chase rabbit trails.
8. Remember the first two rules.