What can you expect when you visit Basswood Church?
A typical Sunday service format at Basswood Church might look something like this:
- We sing traditional hymns and contemporary choruses. Theology drives our music.
- Prayers will be offered.
- Scripture will be read.
- We will greet one another with joy.
- We will worship through giving tithes and offerings.
- Scripture is taught verse by verse by an elder.
- We all share a meal together and enjoy fellowship after the meal.
- We will have a brief second time of teaching and dialogue that will conclude with our weekly observance of the Lord’s Supper
One important difference you will find in the Sunday morning experience comes from our convictions to keep families together during the service. This can be quite different for many visitors.
While we are welcoming and encourage togetherness, we wouldn’t want to be misunderstood as child-centered. We do encourage all families to train even their littlest ones to learn to sit quietly, and in that way be a blessing to the entire body.
A key phrase to keep in mind is that “age-integration means active parenting.” Because of our commitment to have our children be a part of all that we do, we also share a conviction that parents are never “off-duty” but instead are constantly shepherding their children’s hearts either with intentionality, or by abdication. None of us are perfect parents, nor do any of us have perfect children. But, we are all striving by grace to be a conduit of God’s goodness to our children.
If you have questions about this, more information can be found in this FAQ or by contacting us.